Evidence-Based Practice Guidelines
Write a fully developed and detailed APA essay addressing each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each question in detail. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Make sure to cite sources from year 2018 up to today’s date using the APA writing style for the essay and complete a reference page. The cover page is required.
Utilize the following databases identified below to locate an Evidence-Based Practice Guidelines, related to your topic identified in Module 1 which is COVID-19 vaccination acceptance in the public health sector. Perform a rapid critical appraisal of the Evidence-Based Guideline by answering the following questions in APA format. All questions should be answered in detail and explanations offered according to guideline content when applicable.
National Guideline Clearinghouse (http://www.guideline.gov)
Canadian Medical Association (http://www.cma.ca)
Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario (http://www.rnao.org)
United States Preventive Services Task Force (http://www.ahrq.gov/professionals/clinicians-providers/guidelines-recommendations/uspstf/index.html
- Who were the guideline developers?
- Were the developers of the guideline representative of key stakeholders in this specialty (inter-disciplinary)?
- Who funded the guideline development?
- Were any of the guideline developers funded researchers of the reviewed studies?
- Did the team have a valid development strategy?
- Was an explicit (how decisions were made), sensible, and impartial process used to identify, select, and combine evidence?
- Did its developers carry out comprehensive, reproducible literature review within the past 12 months of its publication/revision?
- Were all important options and outcomes considered?
- Is each recommendation in the guideline tagged by the level/strength of evidence upon which it is based and linked to the scientific evidence?
- Do the guidelines make explicit recommendations (reflecting value judgments about the outcomes)?
- Has the guideline been subjected to peer review and testing?
- Is the intent of use provided (i.e. national, regional, local)?
- Are the recommendations clinically relevant?
- Will the recommendations help me in caring for my patients?
- Are the recommendations practical/feasible? Are resources (people and equipment) available?
- Are the recommendations a major variation from current practice? Can the outcomes be measured through standard care?