• Bachelor Students are to write an individual essay of a minimum of 2000 and a maximum of 2100 words.
• This question booklet contains two parts (A- short essay questions and B- case study) with 5 questions each.
• You are to answer ALL the questions in Part A and B in a logical manner.
• Read and understand the questions before you begin answering. You must leverage the models and concepts taught in class for each question.
• The minimum word count for each answer is 200 words. Indicate your total word count after every question.
• You must reference all materials and sources used using Harvard Referencing style and generate a reference list at the end of your document. Plagiarism is a serious offense and will be highly penalized.
• Teacher’s note: All questions are compulsory.
Refer to the required literature: Collinson, S., Narula, R., & Rugman, A. M. (2017). International business. Pearson.
PART A: ESSAY QUESTIONS
In deciding whether to export to another country or build their own sales or production site, based on your understanding of trade theory and theories of FDI what are the key considerations for international managers making this choice? Give examples where necessary.
Some countries, many being developing countries, peg their currency to the US dollar. What effect does a rapid appreciation or devaluation of the dollar have on those countries? If you were an exporter from an emerging country to the United States would you prefer a strong or weak dollar? Explain
Discuss three of Hofstede’s national culture dimensions. Using examples from MNEs that you are familiar with, explain some of the implications of these dimensions for international business?
What are the main advantages and disadvantages of the ethnocentric, polycentric, and geocentric approaches to staffing policy? Using examples from MNEs that you are familiar with, explain when each approach is necessary?
MNEs are constantly refining their R&D departments to develop new products and not simply focusing on improving their current offerings. Explain the main reasons for this decision by