Using theories and methods in social work practice
1. Identify and apply theories and methods that are particularly pertinent to a systematic and comprehensive person-centred perspective.
2. Identify the contribution these theories and methods can make to the development of skilled and confident practice.
3. Use theories and methods to provide greater understanding of problems people experience and possible responses to them.
4. Articulate the centrality of service users’ and carers’ perspectives in a person-centred perspective.
5. Appreciate the contributions social work theories and methods can make to multi-disciplinary practice.